Community Health Grant Info
In keeping with the mission of Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota to improve the health status of the community and region, the SHNM Board of Directors established a $1,000,000 Community Health Endowment Fund in 1997. Grants are made periodically from the fund’s interest to assist local non-profit agencies addressing significant regional health and wellness issues.
A committee of volunteers representing a cross-section of the community has established the guidelines and criteria for the grant program. The committee will consider programs that address any health related issues, although priority will be given to projects addressing youth and family related health problems and prevention projects. Collaborative projects showing cooperation with other agencies are also encouraged. Grants will also be considered for projects developed by departments of Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota that benefit the general community.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE TO THE FOUNDATION OFFICE EACH YEAR BY SEPTEMBER 1
Grants will be awarded each year by November 1
- Reliability, past record, mission of the organization
- Financial feasibility of the project
- Priority may be given for an organization pursuing multi-funding sources
- Organizations may apply for up to $15,000 annually
- Partial funding of a project may be considered
- It is preferred that grant dollars are targeted for a specific project versus general operating funding
Grants will not be given for: capital campaigns, annual fund-drives, physical plants, lobbying activities, past operating deficits, endowments, religious activities, athletic events, individuals, non 501(c)3 organizations or nonprofits outside a 50 mile radius of Bemidji.
A one-page report is required within one year after funding is received. The report should include results and specific measurable outcomes.
We expect the Sanford Health Foundation of Northern Minnesota to be recognized if a grant is received. All press releases or media information must be pre-approved by the Foundation.
A complete grant request must include:
- A completed cover sheet
- A completed application form
- Attached operating budget for overall organization
- Attached 501(c)3 tax ID form
If you have further questions, please call (218) 333-5515 or e-mail email@example.com.